Crown Family Middle East Research Travel Grant
About this grant
The Crown family supports this award, which funds travel for research projects in the Middle East. Preference is given to applicants who will collaborate with institutions and colleagues in the region.
The number and distribution of funded projects will be determined by the number of proposals received and the funding requested by applicants.
All awards will be made as scholarship awards and will be paid out through the University's payroll system.
Northwestern faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and undergraduates are eligible for these travel awards. Students must be affiliates of the Buffett Institute (undergraduate affiliate application | graduate affiliate application).
- October 1 for winter & spring projects
- February 1 for summer projects
- May 1 for summer & fall projects
- Complete the online Buffett Institute FluidReview Application. Be sure to include a concise description of the research, scholarship, or creative activity, as well as an itemized budget.
- Graduate and undergraduate students must also submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member. The letter should be submitted by faculty through FluidReview.
A committee organized by the Buffett Institute will decide on awards and notify winners within 4-6 weeks of each deadline.
At this time we are not accepting special application requests for this program.If you or your recommenders are having difficulties with the application system, contact FluidReview support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General questions can be sent to email@example.com.