Keyman Modern Turkish Studies Research Grant
About this grant
The Keyman Modern Turkish Studies Program supports this grant for individual or group research projects in modern Turkish studies. Projects collaborating with Turkish institutions and colleagues will be given priority.
The number and distribution of funded projects will be determined by the number of proposals received and the funding requested by applicants.
For undergraduate and graduate students, the maximum award is $5,000.
All awards will be made as scholarship awards and will be paid out through the University's payroll system.
Graduate students traveling to any international location: By accepting this award, you explicitly agree to follow all health and safety requirements as outlined by the Office of Global Safety and Security for the location(s) where you will be traveling.
Projects in all disciplines of the humanities and social sciences are eligible; applicants should place the proposed work in an interdisciplinary context by explaining its relevance to modern Turkey. Projects may build on existing research, or they may be an entirely new initiative, as long as they are on modern Turkey.
Northwestern faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and undergraduates are eligible for these travel awards. Students must be affiliates of the Buffett Institute (undergraduate affiliate application | graduate affiliate application).
- October 1 for winter & spring projects
- February 1 for summer projects
- May 1 for summer & fall projects
- Complete the Buffett Institute FluidReview Application. Be sure to include a concise description of the research, scholarship, or creative activity, as well as an itemized budget.
- Graduate and undergraduate students must also submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member. The letter should be submitted by faculty through FluidReview.
A committee organized by the Buffett Institute will decide on awards and notify winners within 4-6 weeks of each deadline.
If you or your recommenders are having difficulties with the application system, contact FluidReview support at email@example.com.
General questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.