While we think it’s important for students to experience the world, we also provide on-campus opportunities to help prepare for life after Northwestern.
Do you want to pursue a meaningful global career after graduation, or are you wondering what “global engagement” looks like after college? The Buffett Institute helps students develop crucial professional skills, explore job and internship opportunities, and join our growing network.
- Global Engagement Fellows Program: This pre-professional program offers work-study positions at the Buffett Institute, through which Fellows can build skills for careers in a social-change workplace.
- Undergraduate Affiliate Program: The Buffett Institute’s career support programming provides undergraduates opportunities to explore and thrive in meaningful global engagement careers.
- Buffett Ambassadors: Alums and current students involved with Buffett Institute programming share their experiences with other students to help get more students involved in our many undergraduate opportunities.
- Student group support: The Buffett Institute mentors student groups that act responsibly and think critically about a range of global issues.
- Global engagement opportunities digest: Our biweekly email newsletter keeps subscribers up to date on globally focused events, jobs, internships, fellowships, and more.
- Alum programming: As we expand the network we look forward to bringing alums together in cities across the globe! Our growing alum community serves as a resource for current undergraduates by participating in career support programming and mentorship.
- Buffett Award for Emerging Global Leaders: Affiliates research and nominate individuals, vote to select a winner, and participate in planning the winner’s campus visit. The award recognizes outstanding leadership in a person early in their career working on issues of global significance.