Northwestern Buffett Research Team Graduate Assistant
Northwestern Buffett Research Team Graduate Assistant – starting September 2022, running through August 2023
The Northwestern Buffett Institute for Global Affairs seeks 1-2 Graduate Assistants (GA) to support its Research team’s projects and academic programming.
The GA(s) will support Northwestern Buffett’s research trajectory, including idea dialogues, our annual idea incubation workshop, and ongoing research groups. The GA(s) will also be expected to assist other emerging Buffett-supported research initiatives and grant efforts. In addition, the GA may also perform research on the conditions of effective collaborative research in a global context. The GA appointment will begin in September 2022 and will continue through the full 2022-2023 academic year.
Ideal Candidates will:
- Be self-driven and able to work independently
- Display excellent attention to detail and reliability
- Be familiar with multiple social science, humanities, engineering, and/or policy fields and disciplines and interested in issues related to one or more UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Be invested in understanding and facilitating trans- and interdisciplinary global research
- Have experience utilizing a wide range of government, NGO, United Nations, corporate, scientific, and similar institutional databases and reports
- Have experience with manuscript and grant drafting, editing, support, research/bibliography skills, co-authoring, and similar experiences
- Multilingualism is a plus, but not required
Graduate Fellowships and Assistantships are open to all disciplines enrolled in The Graduate School at Northwestern University. PhD students are eligible to be funded in their 3rd through 5th years. At the home school’s discretion, Humanities and Social Sciences PhD students may use up to 4 banked quarters to extend their funding through their 6th year.
In order to accept the appointment, selected Graduate Assistants must have the approval of the program DGS and primary thesis adviser.
Graduate Fellows and Assistants must meet the eligibility requirements set for all students receiving financial aid and must follow all TGS Regulations Governing Recipients of University Assistance.
Monthly stipend (at advanced rate from current minimum TGS stipend rate) and tuition
Application: Please compile all of the below materials into a single PDF document and send to Ariel Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter: Please describe your research career goals and how you envision this GAship will help you meet those goals. (500 words or less)
- Research abstract (500 words or less)
- Current CV (5 pages or less)
- Contact details for two references
The deadline for applicants to submit all application materials is Monday, June 6, 2022 (by 11:59 p.m. CT).
Email Ariel Schwartz at email@example.com with questions.