Equality Development and Globalization Studies (EDGS)
EDGS promotes research, publications, intellectual engagement, and public dialogue focused on issues confronting the post-colonial or developing world. Geographically EDGS spans the countries of Asia, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East.
EDGS supports research, publications, research fellowships, visiting scholars, conferences, workshops, and other academic activities in the U.S. and abroad.
Our core themes
- Institutional transformation
- Rule of law
- Boundaries and property
- Democracy, participation, and equality
- Conflict, tolerance, and rights
- Oligarchs and elites
- Historical influences and legacies
- Global, national, and subnational dimensions of development
- Growth and sustainability